A few days ago I made a really yummy meal that I thought I’d share with you on my blog. This meal tastes just as good if you are on LCHF or if you are not. My mother even liked the cauliflower rice enough to say that she would definitely make it at home. So here is the recipe, feel free to experiment with more flavours and stronger curry paste!!
To make the “rice”:
One Cauliflower (for two to three servings)
A Food Processor or Blender
Cut the cauliflower florets off the stem, and wash them good. Then pop them in a food processor, or blender, and pulse them until they resemble the texture of rice.
To make the curry:
- 600 g Boneless Skinless Chicken Filet
- 2 Red Peppers (other colours will do fine)
- 2 Onions
- 5 tbsp Real Butter for Frying
- 3 tbsp Curry (here it is up to you whether you use hot or mild. Paste or powder. I prefer it a bit hotter, if you use mild I suggest to add a few extra spoons! )
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste (if you are using curry powder)
- 2,5 dl Cream (Full Fat)
- 2,5 dl Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 2dl Creme Fraiche
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Dice the Chicken and paprika, and cut Onions in boats.
Fry the chicken in butter in a big deep pan, add peppers, onion, curry, paprika powder and tomato paste. I made a double recipe so I had to fry the chicken in a frying pan,
and onions and peppers in a pot and then add all to the pot in the end. Add the cream, creme fraiche and coconut milk and let it boil for a while so the flavours have time to set.
Serve on top of the cauliflower rice, and voila! A quick, simple and yummy curry.